Monday, April 14, 2008

Lunch For Two



Corn & Cucumber Salad
Corn
Gourmet Cucumbers
Red Pepper
Carrots
Olive Oil
Rice Vinegar
Dijon Mustard

Served with side of cucumbers and a Fuji apple.

Posted by Picasa
Starting this 100 Day Raw Food Challenge is interesting in many ways for me. First of all, I have never done anything like this before. And I've never been actually excited about making such a drastic change in my life. I'm hoping to learn more about myself during the next 100 days. And about my relationship with food.
Since I've never eaten this way before, I'm totally clueless about how much food I will actually eat in any given day. So, I'm planning to start out with smaller more frequent trips to the market for fresh goodies. Today for lunch, I used two ears of corn, half a red pepper, one and a half cucumbers, some baby carrots, and an apple to make lunch for myself and Basil.
It's about an hour after lunch, and I'm feeling kind of hungry, so I am noshing on a handful of fruit and nut trail mix that Basil brought home over the weekend.
My main objective is to eat enough to keep me full, so as to not actually slow my metabolism DOWN by making my body think it's going into starvation mode. That might be tricky this week, since my body is used to hamburgers, ice cream, and a steady stream of junk food.
Tonight I am going to whip up some curried cashews, and have a giant leafy green salad. And will stave off hunger with carrots and celery, and of course my beloved cucumbers. Man, I might have to invest in some beano until my system gets used to this! :)
I wonder what this will do for my nightly heartburn. Hmmmm...

0 comments: