Thursday, April 17, 2008

Raw Almond Hummus


Raw Almond Hummus
Originally uploaded by darnlucky

Raw Almond Hummus
1 Cup Soaked Raw Almonds
1/4 Cup Chopped Parsley
Juice of 1 Lemon
1 TBS of Garlic
1/3 Cup Tahini
Sea Salt to Taste

The raw almond hummus turned out to be yummy, and plenty left for my after work snack attack. As you can see, I had lunch at my desk today.

I try not to eat in front of the TV or in front of the computer, so that I don't zone out and wind up eating an entire bag of Doritos. But hey, I'm not eating Doritos! And much to my surprise, last night I even turned down a Diet Coke. I was just about to pour myself a big glass when I thought, "I've eaten nothing but good healthy food all day? Am I really going to wash it all down with a big giant glass of Diet Chemicals?"

That is not to say that my will against the Diet Coke will last for another 96 days. But last night, there was a small victory.

0 comments: