Monday, April 21, 2008

Raw Food Diet Observation

I've noticed that over the past few days, everytime I am preparing something to eat, I look at the food and feel like, "Ew. I don't want this. This doesn't look appetizing to me." But then when I start eating, that feeling goes away. The food I've been eating is delicious! I just need to get used to the fact that my life isn't going to be filled with smells that linger throughout the house after the meal is long gone. And that a salad is sometimes going to be the reality of my dinner.

I'm a very creative cook, and I know that I can make meals that look great and taste great. I've even learned a little trick over the last week that is helping me out. When I decide what I'm going to eat, I let it sit out on the counter for a while before preparing it, so that everything I'm eating isn't cold. I even set my guacamole in the window so that the sun would hit it and warm it up a little. It made me feel like I was eating something rich and warm.

I know I'm losing weight. I can feel it in my face. I'm proud of myself for making it through the first week! 92 glasses of carrot juice on the wall...

1 comments:

Isle Dance said...

So true about the thought, "Ew, I don't like this kind of food" and then "Yum, that was good!" Definitely our bodies/taste buds/senses changing. :o)