Friday, April 25, 2008

Raw Tostados with Guacamole


Raw Tostados with Guacamole
Originally uploaded by darnlucky

Monday I made my first batch of raw tostados. I used the recipe from Rawsome, and got the chance to use my borrowed dehydrator. I was dying to try out the tostados once they were ready, but I wanted to save them to have with guacamole. So, I had to be patient and wait for my avocados to fully ripen.

Today was the magic day. For lunch I made Basil and I two tostados topped with romaine lettuce, guacamole, and tomato. I ran out of tomato, so I topped the other with a little tapenade and alfalfa sprouts.

This whole raw food experience is an exciting break from my normal freezer cooking and is forcing me to branch out and experiment with new ingredients, flavors, and textures. It's so up my alley. I'm loving it.

0 comments: