Saturday, September 20, 2008

Raw Fu Day 52- They're All Pretty Good Days, Aren't They?



For those of you who follow me on Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/darnlucky), you know that I had kind of a rough day today. The batteries on the dog's collars were obviously dead, and they both left for a little adventure. Beckett and I circled the neighborhood, and finally found them across the railroad tracks on a dead end road, lying in the middle of the street sunning themselves.

Meanwhile, my crack addicted brother stole a gun, traded it for drugs, then broke his leg and wound up in my backyard looking for a place to squat for the night. He's in my camper out back. I didn't have the chutzpah to argue with him, or deal with his addiction today. I'll have to kick his baby bird ass out of the nest in the morning.

I was sitting on the couch feeling sorry for myself, and an image of this mother that I saw earlier this year on Dr. Phil popped into my head. What the hell am I complaining about?

I've got raw chocolate cookies in the dehydrator, and had a lovely salad for lunch. Some days are better than others. But they're all pretty good days, aren't they?


HOW IS YOUR DAY 51 GOING?

3 comments:

Audra.loves.raw said...

Beautiful Bunny,
I'm so sorry that you've had such a miserable and off-putting day. Tomorrow will be better...on the brighter side, at least your dogs are safe and home now. If you need anything, holler :)
Audra

Anonymous said...

I love Puppetji!

*HUGS* I have a brother like that, too. All we can do is love them, but not enable them in ways that harm them and us at the same time. *HUGS*

I think I'm finally emerging from the processing I had to do after RSF. WOW--it was truly life-changing and therapeutic for me. Thanks for being there, and for being such a lovely, beautiful, funny friend!

I love you!

Wendi
XOXOXO

RawBin said...

I hope you'll sleep well in spite of the visitor in the back yard. I hop you'll wake in the morning feeling better than when you went to sleep. Just wondering, is puppetji related to babaji?