Monday, September 8, 2008

Raw Fu Challenge Day 37



I love how my raw food lifestyle has launched me into trying all sorts of new food preparation. Today I am experimenting with different pickling flavors and combinations, using up some of the banana peppers from our small garden. Our garden this summer is basically only herbs and these peppers. But I'm already starting to plan for fall planting. I'm having so much fun. Becoming more healthy never tasted so good.

The jar I'm holding are marinating in cider vinegar, garlic, sea salt, dill, thyme, and parsley. The ones in the background are a sweet recipe that RSAgirl dug up for me, and is listed below.

Here's a recipe for Raw Pickled Peppers:

4 red, yellow or green sweet bell peppers
1 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup raw honey
1/2 cup shoyu
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
4-6 cloves garlic

Remove stems & seeds from the peppers and cuts them into strips or chunks. Place the vinegar, honey, shoyu, cumin, thyme, onion powder, cayenne and garlic in a quart jar or a similar glass container with a tight fitting lid and shake until the honey dissolves. Add the pepper strips to the jar. Close the lid securely and refrigerate. Flavors will develop in about 4 hours, but the pickled peppers can be kept up to several weeks in the refrigerator.

HOW IS YOUR DAY 37 GOING? Let's see some pictures of your garden bounty!

0 comments: