Monday, January 5, 2009

Andre's Revenge Day 3- Too Much Housewives of New York City Marathon



One Apple
Handful of Pistachios
Handful of shredded coconut
Juice of around 1/4 of lemon
One chopped date on top for sweetness

Toss. DEVOUR

I got up this morning and made an awesome little Apple Pistachio salad for breakfast, and then promptly went back to my bedroom to work on my online portfolio in bed. I have worked at home for FIVE years, and I have never worked from my bed. Every morning, I get up, get dressed, eat breakfast, and come to my office, and now I know why.

I turned on the TV, and there was a Housewives of New York City marathon on, so I listened to it while I was gathering up stuff for the portfolio site. These extremely wealthy women are shopping, having lunch, going to charity events, and being generally horrible and fabulous all at the same time. And it hit me. I DON'T GET OUT ENOUGH!

Since I have been working from home, I've stopped doing the things that normal people do on a regular basis. Like buy shoes. Get their haircut. You know, those kind of things. I haven't gotten a hair cut in a salon in at least 5 years, and the ONE pair of shoes I own is 4 years old. Those housewives made it look so easy, even a little fun.

So, I shut down the laptop. I got relatively dressed. And I went to the MALL. Well, actually I wasn't brave enough to go to the entire mall. I went to a department store. And while I was browsing for shoes, they made an announcement that the spa had an opening for a women's haircut - $24. So, I dropped the shoes, and went to the salon! I got a professional haircut and a manicure. And bought a new blouse to wear on my interview on Monday.

I had forgotten how much fun it is to be out and around people, kind of in the middle of the hustle and bustle. I know that a lot of you here on Raw Fu are hippies who would rather live in a yurt in the woods, but at heart, I'm a city girl. I pretended I had all the money in the world today, and blew $100 on myself. And it was worth every penny. Those housewives are onto something. In 2009, I want to get out more often. I want to see people. I want to be part of the big wide world. I want to do something amazing!

HOW IS YOUR DAY 3 GOING?

0 comments: